The mango season is here! Yippee 🕺 that is the Shaku Shaku dance 😉
I don’t know about you but I luuuuurrrrv mangoes. I eat them so shamelessly that I cannot eat them in public 😁. In uni, Dolapo would monitor me all the way to ensure that I do not turn the seed white, maybe so that it can germinate again 😂 it was that bad. But hey! I’m grown up now 🤣 (maybe).
Anyway, the point is, I found a really cool way to consume mangoes. In this way, you don’t have to make the funny face when digging into the mango and you do not have to bother about mango strings stuck in your teeth. Also, your hands do not have to be messy and you do not have to bother about drops of mango juice on your cloth. You’ll just look amazingly super cool consuming mangoes! Furthermore, if for reasons whatsoever, you cannot preserve your mangoes and they overripe, you do not have to cry about throwing them away.
I present to you MANGO SHAKE!!! 💥🎉 🥂 😂 You may have heard about it or even tried it out before. I am here for people who haven’t and are willing to give it a try.
- Liquid Milk
- Ice cubes
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- A bowl
- A knife
- A glass cup
- A jug
- A blender
- Pluck/buy/get your mangoes (whatever quantity you can lay your hands on)
- Wash them and put them in the refrigerator (you can skip this step. Just know that you may not enjoy room temperature mango shake)
When it is cold, bring it out and peel of the skin with a knife. Overripe mangoes are easier to peel because you don’t really need a knife, just peel with your fingers (some people like it with the peel, it about what you want baby 😘 ).
Cut out the fleshy part of the mangoes with the knife into the bowl, scrape out as much as you can ( if you like, behind the scene, lick the seeds 🤣 it is allowed) and mix the cut out flesh together. Especially if you used different types of mangoes or just ripe and overripe mangoes.
- Put a reasonable quantity in the blender and pour the liquid milk in. There are no hard and fast rules as to the quantity of milk. It depends on your preference; if you want it mango heavy or milk heavy.
Note: Incase you did not get to cool your mangoes and milk, you can break ice cubes into the blender with the mixture
- Bleeeeend! This depends on how smooth you want it to be. If you want it really smooth, you will be blending for longer.
Serve in a glass/mug/bowl (whatever tickles your fancy). Sprinkle a bit of granulated sugar just on top. You can pour the rest of it in a jug and store in the fridge.
I can bet you will keep going back to the fridge until you finish it. It is quite heavy, so you may have to forget the meal for the hour.
Thank you for reading.
- Remember to subscribe to our blog for more of our stories.
Hit the like button
Drop a comment
Thank you HAY for the recipe 😘
…… Let’s hear your story